If you are a British Citizen or you have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), meaning that you are a Permanent Resident of the UK, then your Spouse or Partner will require a UK Spouse Visa to join you in the UK. If you are in the UK on any visa which allows you to stay for more than 6 months (including a fiance visa) then you can change your visa to a UK spouse visa from within the UK.  A UK Spouse visa allows the non-EU citizen to stay in the UK for a period of up to 33 months (if the application is made from outside the UK) or 30 months (if the applicant applies from within the UK). Once the applicant has completed 60 months (i.e. 5 years) on a UK marriage visa, he/she can apply for indefinite leave to remain and - after that - British Citizenship under section 6 of the British Nationality Act 1981. Benefits of a Spouse or Marriage Visa - There are various benefits of applying for a marriage or spouse visa in the UK. These include - ·          The appl